What is Journal Club?
Journal Club is like an in-person book club, but instead of reading a book, you meet up with fellow mamas for a fun evening of connection and questions!
Journal Club is a GREAT excuse to get all your mom friends together at least once a month for grown up conversation, inspiring stories, treats, wine, and wisdom!
When is Journal Club?
The 30th of every month! (Well, and February 28th). It’s super fun knowing other mamas around the world are meeting on the same day as you to discuss personal growth and foster sisterhood among mothers! My hope is that these meetings will help you deeper your friendships and help you shed mom guilt one day, one topic, one month at a time! You showing up for Journal Club changes the world by changing you!
Does it have to be on the 30th? Nope! We just encourage it because it’s cool to know that other mamas are also meeting on that day, but do what works for you. Pick a date and time that works, meet up, discuss the Guided Journals for that month, and most of all…have fun! Answer the Journal Club suggested questions or come up with your own! There are no right answers—simply focus on honesty, sharing, and sisterhood. Let go of judgment and make room for connection and understanding!
1. What surprised you most this month? (either a question or one of your answers)
2. Which question was hardest for you to answer and why?
3. What do you offer your friends? (No need to be modest! You’re not bragging…you’re sharing and acknowledging that you do have great gifts you offer others!)
4. Were you able to recognize what your friends offer you?
5. What were your goals for the month and do you feel like you moved closer to meeting them?
6. What’s your Tribe Vibe? Share your tribe name and mascot ideas from October 13th!
7. What issues came up when you looked at your child’s friendships?
8. What’s the stickiest friendship situation you have been in and how did you handle it?
9. Share your ideas and/or brainstorm about ways to help friends during difficult times.
10. What are some of your favorite friend memories (from childhood or now)?
11. Actual vs. Intellectual Gratitude – how much do you *think* about being grateful vs. showing it? What are some creative ways you have shown gratitude? Do you feel like those actions are an expression of love as well as gratitude? In other words, are the two interchangeable?